Arena4D is available as part of the Veesus subscription. Scroll down to learn more about how to subscribe to Veesus, and to see details of all our feature categories.
High speed displaying and editing of massive point cloud data sets.
Arena4D is our industry-leading point cloud visualisation and editing software. Powered by the XStreamEngine and the Zappcha Cloud, Arena4D is capable of displaying and editing massive point cloud data sets on standard PC hardware, making it easier and cheaper for you to work with point cloud data. You can also generate ultra-HD-quality movies of your point clouds at the touch of a button, including 360 panoramic video.
Arena4D also features a unique GIS platform that enables you to combine multiple different datasets alongside point clouds, including imagery, panoramas, shape files, GPS tracks and much more. This gives you a complete 3D document showing you all your data in a single contextual view, which can be shared with other Arena4D users.
As with all Veesus software, Arena4D uses the Zappcha Cloud to store, share, and stream point cloud data with no loss of quality, giving you instant access to your point cloud data from anywhere in the world.
- Markup, annotate, measure and edit your point clouds on standard PC hardware.
- Export point clouds in common formats for use in other software packages.
- Animate point cloud data to produce UHD videos and 360 panoramic videos.
- Combine point cloud and other GIS data into a single view.
- Integration with the Zappcha Cloud enables you to store 3D scan data in the cloud, share point clouds with others, and stream point cloud data to Veesus software with no loss of quality.
Subscribe to Veesus today
Subscribing to Veesus gives you access to all our key software solutions. Below you can see what’s included in each Veesus subscription tier.
Price (per month)
7 days free then £2.99
7 days free then £49.99
Number of scans
Number of users
Zappcha Cloud and local drive
Zappcha Cloud and local drive
Basic (viewing only, HD video rendering)
Point Clouds for Rhino
Basic (viewing only)
Point Clouds for SolidWorks
Basic (viewing only)
Point Clouds for Revit
Basic (viewing only)
Why buy from Veesus?
The experts in point cloud streaming and visualisation.
Arena4D supports the latest VR developments with stunning immersive 3D reality on Oculus Rift and HTC Vive platforms.
Please click a category to explore available functions
The Arena4D Animation function is a unique and powerful solution for the production of movies, from a basic fly through to complex animations of any object and/or a part of or all of a point cloud.
- Frames – Create an animation with unlimited frames.
- Point clouds – Animate part of or an entire point cloud and any of its properties.
- Objects – Add any object and animate it within a scene.
- Camera Location – Define a camera location for each frame, of an animation.
- View – Camera Locations, Bezier Curves, Frame Focal point for a third person perspective
- Edit – Camera Locations, Bezier Curves and time durations associated with frame transition and dwell.
- Time – Control all objects based on an arbitrary or defined time.
- Output Resolution – Low, VGA, PAL, HD, UHD, SUHD or Custom.
- 360 Degree – Create a 360Degree movie of your animation to allow immersive visualisation in Virtual Reality (VR).
- Output Format – MOV or Output indvidual frames as images.
- 3D Stereoscopic – Create a Stereo Movie for visualisation on 3D devices.
- Supersampling – Create a movie with anti aliasing applied to remove jagged edges.
- Multiple views – Create a movie from any visualisation angle along a defined trajectory.
- Edit Playback – Specify a constant Speed, Duration or Field of View along a defined trajectory.
Edit, clean and refine point clouds of massive size and create LAS layers using the powerful point cloud editing function.
- Selection Tools – 3D Brush, Poly Line, Rectangle, Plane, Select All and Invert Selection.
- Edit Tools – Copy, Delete, Hide and Copy + Delete.
- Paint Points – Colour, Intensity, Brightness and Contract.
- Create Points – Patch a hole in your point cloud.
- Match Points – Match and select points of a specific colour and/or intensity.
- Surface Profiler – Identifies deviations in a selected plane.
- Volume – Calculate the volume of selected points.
- LAS Classification – Classify your point cloud data in order to create up to 50 layers within a single file.
The Forensics function for Arena4D has been specifically designed in collaboration with forensic police teams across the world to build, present and deliver an entire forensic scene.
- Extended Data Objects – Add almost any data object to a point cloud scene in order to build a strong understanding of the location and all relevant evidence.
- Bullet Trajectory – Scan trajectory rods to provide a bullet trajectory, error cone, compass and origin markers.
- CSV Import – Data obtained in the traditional way using GPS devices can be added to your scene.
- View From Point – By selecting any point within a point cloud, you can instantly see and look around from that location.
- Viewport – Define a pivot point such as the frame of a window and provide a view shed from different locations within a room/car etc.
- Actor – Define the height, eye offset and field of view and see from their perspective.
- Projects ToGo – Deliver a simple executable, which encapsulates your project and a free limited functionality Data Studio install.
- PowerPoint – Create a Powerpoint presentation simply and quickly.
- PDF – Create a PDF Document simply and quickly.
- Ortho Rectified Photos – Generates an Orthographic photo and export to a chosen resolution.
- Project A4D – Data Studio allow a single project to be shared by packaging the project contents into an A4D project.
The Geospatial function for Arena4D provides a familiar real world globe viewer and simple-to-use Geographic Information System (GIS) user interface.
- Co-Ordinates System – Select a co-ordinate system and all georeferenced data will be positioned in the correct place on the globe.
- Mapping – Use the free open source mapping or connect to your own map database.
- Satellite Imagery – Use free low resolution satellite imagery, or add your own GeoTiff Map tiles.
- Sunlight – Change the position of the sun dependant on a time in the past or in the future anywhere in the world.
- Clouds – Realistic looking cloud texture to add realism to your scenes.
- Terrain – Use the free Digital Terrain Elevation Model (D-TED) or connect to your own terrain database.
The Arena4D Panoramas function is a powerful solution for enabling panoramic imagery to be viewed in isolation or added to your project containing other data.
Viewing panoramic imagery in Arena4D using the Panoramas function not only allows a user to add the often under-utilised photographic information captured as part of a LIDAR scan to a project, but also allows panoramas from any panoramic capture device to be added.
- View in context – Almost all laser scanners capture imagery to only colourise the scan data. Add the image to your point cloud and view from anywhere.
- Measurements – If georeferenced or positioned correctly, the panorama can be used to take measurements from within the panoramic sphere or cylinder.
- Annotation – If georeferenced or positioned correctly, annotate items from within the panorama.
- Visualisation – On occasion point cloud data alone is not good enough to identify items within a scene, the panoramic imagery can help in identification.
NCTech iSTAR panoramas
- Full HDR – View in isolation or together with other data to provide a rich contextual data type.
- NCTech Measure – Take measurements directly from the panorama, without the need for a point cloud in the background.
The Security function for Arena4D provides ownership protection of your data, so it cannot be shared inappropriately, as well as providing a timer, which time limits the use of data which has been legitimately shared.
The Tracking function for Arena4D, provides the ability to receive and display live position data from remote clients for tracking purposes. The functionality requires the clients to be logged into the system via a web-browser and their position can be displayed in the GIS Module for Arena4D, with map overlays for example.
The Virtual Reality function for Arena4D takes the visualisation experience of point cloud data and any other data in your scene to the next level.
The Virtual Reality function for Arena4D has set the baseline for VR and point clouds. Not limited to viewing the point cloud data from the scan capture location, you can freely move around the data using a combination of the headset and a game controller. The integration of the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive headsets and the Power Wall / Cave Projector has shown that the utility of point clouds and VR is going to be necessary to many industries in the future.
- Oculus Rift
- HTC Vive
- Powerwall / Cave Projector
VR Control Devices
- Kinect Sensor
- Game Controller
- Oculus & Vive hand controllers
See more details of Veesus Arena4D